NOTE: THIS ROUNDUP IS NO LONGER RECEIVING UPDATES.
THE CURRENT ROUNDUP IS AVAILABLE HERE.
This selection of curated, full text documents. and other reference material is updated daily with new entries. Please bookmark this page and visit again.
All of the linked items are free to access and download.
This roundup began on November 11, 2018
December 27, 2018
Annual Ranking: Most Admired Man and Woman, 2018 (via Gallup)
December 26, 2018
“Tops of 2018” (U.S.) Rankings From Nielsen
December 24, 2018
Exploring Health Tourism (via World Tourism Organization)
16 pages; PDF.
December 21, 2018
Criminal Victimization, 2017 (via BJS)
Report, summary, data files.
10 New and Recently Updated Reports from the Congressional Research Service
Reports via EveryCRSReport.com
- Government Expenditures on Defense Research and Development by the United States and Other OECD Countries: Fact Sheet
December 20, 2018
Enhancing Security and Stability in Afghanistan (via U.S. Dept. of Defense)
124 pages; PDF. “Report to Congress In Accordance With Section 1225 of the Carl Levin and Howard P. “Buck” McKeon National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015 (P.L. 113-291), as amended.”
New Study Finds Higher than Expected Number of Suicide Deaths Among U.S. Veterinarians (via CDC) ||| Direct to Full Text Article (via JAVMA; pages; PDF)
December 19, 2018
National States Geographic Information Council (NSGIC) Releases First-Year Report for Geo-Enabled Elections Project, Including First Draft of Best Practices for Implementing GIS in Elections ||| Report (9 pages; PDF.)
Tech Assessment: Protecting the Electric Grid from Geomagnetic Disturbances (via GAO)
55 pages; PDF.
See Also: Protecting and Preparing the Homeland Against Threats of Electromagnetic Pulse and Geomagnetic Disturbances (via DHS)
23 pages; PDF.
To Walk the Earth In Safety (via U.S. Dept. of State)
17th Edition. “Summarizes the United States’ CWD (Conventional Weapons Destruction) programs in 2017. “
December 18, 2018
Annual Report on Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations (via SEC)
33 pages; PDF.
2018 Summary Report Of Commission Staff’s Examinations Of Each Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (via SEC)
33 pages; PDF.
Atlas of Migration 2018 (via European Joint Research Center)
196 pages; PDF.
December 17, 2018
2018 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress (via HUD)
100 pages; PDF. ||| Summary/News Release ||| Data Files
International Rescue Committee 2019 Emergency Watchlist
48 pages; PDF.
The IRA, Social Media and Political Polarization in the United States, 2012-2018 (via Computational Propaganda Research Project/Oxford Internet Institute)
47 pages; PDF. ||| Appendices (32 pages; PDF)
National Adolescent Drug Trends in 2018 (Monitoring the Future Study)
- Summary and Links (via U. of Michigan)
- “Teens Using Vaping Devices In Record Numbers” (via NIH)
- Data Tables and Figures
- Monitoring the Future Website
Tactics and Tropes of the Internet Research Agency (via New Knowledge)
101 pages; PDF. ||| Also Available: Slide Deck (138 slides; PDF) ||| Blog Post
December 16, 2018
December 15, 2018
Full-Time Teaching Staff at Canadian Universities, 2017/2018 (via Statistics Canada) ||| Report (11/2018)
HTML or PDF infographic.
December 14, 2018
Fisheries of the United States, 2017 (via NOAA Fisheries)
169 pages; PDF. ||| Infographics and Other Resources
Fisheries Economics of the United States, 2016 (via NOAA Fisheries)
264 pages; PDF. ||| Infographics and Other Resources
Seven New and Recently Updated Reports from the Congressional Research Service
Reports via EveryCRSReport.com
- Amazon HQ2 and Federal Opportunity Zone Tax Incentives
- Buprenorphine and the Opioid Crisis: A Primer for Congress
- Cryptocurrency: The Economics of Money and Selected Policy Issues
- Heroin Trafficking in the United States
- Sharing the Colorado River and the Rio Grande: Cooperation and Conflict with Mexico
- Shutdown of the Federal Government: Causes, Processes, and Effects
- Venue: An Abridged Legal Analysis of Where a Federal Crime May Be Tried
December 13, 2018
America’s Health Rankings 2018 Annual Report (via United Health Foundation)
- Interactive Report
- Full Text Report (188 pages; PDF) ||| Summary Report (11 pages; PDF)
- 2018 Health Of Those Who Have Served Report
- 2018 Senior Report
Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 (via CBO)
326 pages; PDF.
December 12, 2018
Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Index: Grading U.S. Global Health Assistance (via Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE) and Global Women’s Institute at the George Washington University)
December 11, 2018
December 10, 2018
2017 National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS) Data Released (via FBI)
Equifax Data Breach Report (U.S. House Oversight Committee)
December 10, 2018
December 9, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 7, 2018
Europe: Guide to Eurostat Culture Statistics — 2018 Edition
128 pages; PDF.
Global Status Report On Road Safety 2018 (via WHO)
Report, summary, infographics, etc.
December 6, 2018
AI Now Report 2018 (via AI Now Institute at NYU)
63 pages; PDF. ||| Highlights: “After a Year of Tech Scandals, Our 10 Recommendations for AI” (via Medium)
Renewing the National Commitment to the Interstate Highway System: A Foundation for the Future (via Transportation Research Board/NASEM) ||| News Release ||| Interactive Summary ||| Highlights (4 pages; PDF)
December 5, 2018
Global Carbon Budget 2018 Report (via Global Carbon Project)
Highlights ||| News Releases ||| Report ||| Data, Visualizations/Video, Presentation Slides and Additional Materials
December 4, 2018
Global Climate Risk Index (via Germanwatch)
36 pages; PDF.
December 3, 2018
Curbing Climate Change and Sustainably Supplying Food, Water, and Energy Among Top Challenges Environmental Engineering Can Help Address, New Report Says (via National Academies) ||| Direct to Full Text Report: Environmental Engineering for the 21st Century: Addressing Grand Challenges (2018)
December 2, 2018
FCC Communication Marketplace Report (via Federal Communications Commission)
182 pages; PDF. Topics: Wireless, Video, Audio, Fixed Broadband, Voice, Satellite, Broadband Deployment, International Broadband Data.
11 New/Recently Updated Reports from the Congressional Research Service
Reports via EveryCRSReport.com and Federation of American Scientists
- Administration of the House of Representatives: Actions Taken During a New Congress and Following a Majority Change
- Defense Primer: Congress’s Constitutional Authority with Regard to the Armed Forces
- Defense Primer: Legal Authorities for the Use of Military Forces
- Defense Primer: The Military Departments
- Iran Sanctions
- Right to Try: Access to Investigational Drugs
- Speakers of the House: Elections, 1913-2017
- Electing the Speaker of the House of Representatives: Frequently Asked Questions
- U.S. Sanctions on Russia
- U.S. Strategic Nuclear Forces: Background, Developments, and Issues
- U.S. Tariff Policy: Overview
The UK’s EU Withdrawal Agreement (via UK House of Parliament Library)
165 pages; PDF. ||| Summary
December 1, 2018
November 30, 2018
November 29, 2018
Data Briefs From National Center for Health Statistics/CDC
- Drug Overdose Deaths in the United States, 1999–2017
- Mortality in the United States, 2017
- Suicide Mortality in the United States, 1999–2017
Profiles of Individual Radicalization in the United States (PIRUS) (via National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START))
3 pages; PDF. ||| See Also: Access Underlying Dataset
Time Served in State Prison, 2016 (via BJS)
Report and Data Tables.
November 28, 2018
Disparities Continue in Infant Mortality and Low Birth Weight (via AHRQ)
2 pages; PDF. ||| Infographic also available.
November 27, 2018
Ericsson Mobility Report November 2018
32 pages; PDF.
November 26, 2018
November 24, 2018
November 23, 2018
Fourth National Climate Assessment, Vol. II: Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States (via U.S. Global Change Research Program) & 2nd State of the Carbon Cycle Report (SOCCR2).
- Website and All Resources
- News Release
- Climate Assessment Vol. II Report (Read Online)
Health at a Glance: Europe (via European Commission)
Report and interactive data tool.
November 22, 2018
Greenhouse Gas Levels in Atmosphere Break Another Record, UN Report Shows (via UN News) ||| World Meteorological Organization News Release ||| Full Text: WMO Greenhouse Gas Bulletin (GHG Bulletin) – No. 14: The State of Greenhouse Gases in the Atmosphere Based on Global Observations through 2017 (9 pages; PDF)
Religion and Human Rights (via European Parliament Research Service)
Briefing (8 pages; PDF)
November 21, 2018
Russia in the Middle East: From Sidelines to Centre Stage (via European Parliament Research Service)
Briefing (12 pages; PDF)
November 20, 2018
November 19, 2018
International Debt Statistics 2019 (via World Bank)
101 pages; PDF.
November 16, 2018
November 15, 2018
Seven New/Updated Congressional Research Service Reports
- Brazil’s Presidential Election
- Eight Mechanisms to Enact Procedural Change in the U.S. Senate
- Introduction to the Legislative Process in the U.S. Congress
- Lame Duck Sessions of Congress Following a Majority-Changing Election: In Brief
- Presidential Proclamation on Unlawful Border Crossers and Asylum
- Supersonic Passenger Flights
- Types of Committee Hearings
Cyber Risks to Next Generation 9-1-1 (via DHS)
15 pages; PDF.
November 15, 2018
November 14, 2018
November 13, 2018
November 12, 2018
November 11, 2018