One of the most impressive resources out there is Trove from the National Library of Australia.
Trove allows users to search multiple online databases simultaneously and easily. Plus, its design, technology, and marketing are several more reason enough to stop by when you can. They Trove team seems to always be adding new features or improving older ones.
In the past couple of days Trove released a public API.
We expect the API will inspire you to:
- share Trove content around the world
- analyse Australian cultural heritage collections and content
- support research, especially in the digital humanities and scientific longitudinal studies
- return enhanced user-generated content such as annotations to the communities from which it came, and
- use the content in mash-ups and other services.
Learn More About Trove:
Trove is a discovery experience focused on Australia and Australians. It supplements what search engines provide. If you are researching in the fields of the social sciences, literature, local or family history, or need inspiration for your school assignment, then this is the tool for you.
See Also: Take a Look at Some Trove Statistics
Direct to Trove Advanced Interface