Video: MPAA President Christopher Dodd and Others Discuss Copyright Infringement on the College Campus
A panel discussion took place yesterday in Washington D.C. and was sponsored by the National Association of Attorney Generals and a video recording of the discussion is now available in the C-SPAN Video Library. It runs 57 minutes.
This panel will discuss the importance of active efforts to combat copyright infringement at universities and the role of the Attorneys General. The speakers will address the impact of digital piracy on jobs, careers for graduates, and the role of the Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- Christopher Dodd, Chairman & CEO, Motion Picture Association of America and former U.S. Senator
- Rob McKenna, NAAG President and Washington Attorney General
- Larry Conrad, Vice Chancellor for IT and CIO, University of North Carolina
- Richard Cotton, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, NBCUniversal
- Joseph Storch, Associate General Counsel, State University of New York
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.