Reviews: "E is for Enhanced: 8 Enhanced Ebooks Worth Checking Out"
Jennifer Bergen from PCMag.com offers a look at 8 enhanced e-book titles.
Enhanced ebooks can include video, film clips from news reels or major motion pictures, drawings, author interviews, original music, diagrams, photos, and more. In most cases, you can think of an enhanced ebook as an ebook with that extra bonus disc of features you get when you buy a DVD.
The eight titles Bergen discusses are:
1. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
2. Marcel the Shell with Shoes On by Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer-Camp
3. The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce
4. Dusk World
5. Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy by Caroline Kennedy and Michael Beschloss
6. The Professional Chef by the Culinary Institute of America
7. Healing at the Speed of Sound by Don Campbell
and Alex Doman
8. How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.