The World Library and Information Congress : 77th IFLA* General Conference and Assembly takes place next week in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
For the past month we’ve been selecting a few of the papers that will be delivered at the conference that we think will be of interest to INFOdocket readers. There are many more papers to share and we will continue in this post. We will also include links to the materials we’ve posted to this point.
Btw, if you’re not going to San Juan, IFLA Interactive will be posting reports, photos, tweets, and other materials. The official hashtag for the event is #wlic2011.
Selected Conference Papers
- The essence of modern LIS professionals
by Teema Ruhala, (School of Information Sciences, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland)
- Gov Docs kids group and free government information
Tom Adamich (Visiting Library Service, New Philadelphia, OH, USA), Martha Childers, Kathryn Davis, and John H. Faria (USA)
- Using e-Books and e-Readers to promote reading in school libraries: lessons from the field
Ray Doiron (University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
Selected Conference Papers Mentioned in Previous Posts
- Public Libraries: What and Why Libraries?’ Looking At What Libraries Might Look Like and Why We Still Need Them Now and Into the Future
- Puzzling Over Digital Preservation – Identifying Traditional and New Skills Needed for Digital Preservation
- Unbundling the Big Deal with Patron Driven Acquisition of e-Journals
- Working Without Words – Image Based Retrieval as a Model to Overcome Language Hurdles
* International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions