Infographic by Shanghai Web Designers
We like to share infographics around here but prefer to limit what we pass along to those where source info is provided. In this case, we’re going to make an exception. More about that in a moment.
Shanghai Web Design has compiled an infographic providing a look at some of what happens each minute on the Internet.
- Search engine Google serves more that 694,445 queries
- 6,600+ pictures are uploaded on Flickr
- 600 videos are uploaded on YouTube videos, amounting to 25+ hours of content
- 695,000 status updates, 79,364 wall posts and 510,040 comments are published on Social Networking site Facebook
- 168,000,000+ emails are sent
- 13,000+ hours of music streaming is done by personalized Internet radio provider Pandora
- 1,600+ reads are made on Scribd, the largest social reading publishing company
All of the statistics are listed here.
We learned about this infographic via a story on MSNBC by Rosa Golijan.
Now keep in mind that the data and the infographic above come from the Shanghai Web Designers team. We have done our best to confirm that the statistics provided line up with known data, but you should still take everything with a hefty serving of salt.
We’re happy to read that MSNBC not only took the time to confirm some of the data but also provided a useful reminder to take all of the stats with a “hefty grain of salt.”