Preprint: Detecting LLM-Assisted Writing in Scientific Communication: Are We There Yet?; New Nonpartisan AI Nonprofit Truemedia, Led By Oren Etzioni, is Making a Political Deepfake Detector; & More Headlines
- Allen Institute for AI (AI2) Releases OLMo 7B, “a Truly Open” State-of-the-Art LLM
- Can This A.I.-Powered Search Engine Replace Google? It Has for Me (via NY Times)
Ed. Note: I had the opportunity to discuss and demo the search tool discussed in the article at the CNI Fall 2023 Meeting. Video here.
- New Nonpartisan AI Nonprofit Truemedia, Led By Oren Etzioni, is Making a Political Deepfake Detector (via Geek Wire)
- Preprint: Detecting LLM-Assisted Writing in Scientific Communication: Are We There Yet?
- Community Webs Receives $750,000 Grant From Mellon Foundation to Expand Community Archiving by Public Libraries
Library of Congress
- Library to Host Copyright Public Modernization Committee Meeting Feb. 15: Virtual Event Open to the Public
- Proposed Virginia Bill Seeks Reversal of Law That Allows Schools to ‘Rip Books Off the Shelf’ Without Process (via WTVR)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.