Journal Article: We Must Fix the Lack of Transparency Around the Data Used to Train Foundation Models; Policy Brief: Students’ Use of Generative AI: The Threat of Hallucinations; & More Headlines
- Journal Article: We Must Fix the Lack of Transparency Around the Data Used to Train Foundation Models (via HDSR)
- Preprint: Early ChatGPT User Portrait through the Lens of Data (via arXiv)
- Policy Brief: Students’ Use of Generative AI: The Threat of Hallucinations (via CDT)
Event Reports & Videos
- Library Licensing Strategies (via The Scholarly Kitchen)
Breakfast Roundtable Held at CNI Fall 2023 Meeting, Roundtable Led by/Post Written by Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe.
- Next Set of CNI Meeting Videos Live (CNI via YouTube)
- Journal Article: Online Searches to Evaluate Misinformation Can Increase Its Perceived Veracity (via Nature)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Proposes Strengthening Children’s Privacy Rule to Further Limit Companies’ Ability to Monetize Children’s Data
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.