PEN America CEO Suzanne Nossel Responds to Remarks by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that Book Bans Are a ‘Hoax’; cOAlition S Supports Efforts To Improve Copyright Framework For Research; and More News Headlines
- Closure of Anthropology Library at UC Berkeley Postponed Indefinitely (via The Daily Californian)
- cOAlition S Supports Efforts to Improve Copyright Framework For Research
- Illinois: Legislation Aims to Deter Book Bans at Public Libraries by Withholding Grants (via Chicago Tribune)
- Library Copyright Alliance (LCA) Joins Amicus Brief: Gonzalez v. Google
- Majority of Wikipedia Editors are Still Men – So How Is the Online Encyclopaedia Addressing the Issue?
- PEN America CEO Suzanne Nossel Responds to Remarks by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that Book Bans Are a ‘Hoax’
- Upcoming Event (April 17 -18, 2023): Ninth Annual Digital Initiative Symposium at the University of San Diego, Copley Library ||| Additional Info/Register
Filed under: Funding, Libraries, News, Public Libraries
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.