Winners of 6th International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) Green Library Award 2021 Announced
The winners of the IFLA Green Library Award 2021 competition are
Category “Green Library”
Canada, Edmonton, The Edmonton Public Library—“Edmonton Public Library”
Category “Green Library Project”
Finland Oulu, Oulu City Library—“A Responsible Library as Promoter of Environmental Awareness”
Both winners will receive an award certificate, signed by ENSULIB Chair and Secretary.
A special recognition goes to
Cuba, Santa Clara, V.C., Asociación Cubana de Bibliotecarios, Villa Clara Branch—“BiblioVerde, un espacio para compartir y aprender en armonía con la naturaleza”
This project was carried out with minimal resources but has a big impact. Cuba will receive an award certificate and, to further their project, 500€ generously sponsored by the German publishing house de Gruyter.
Short-listed runners-ups are:
Category “Green Library”
- Australia, Altona, Hobsons Bay Libraries (EnviroCentre)—“EnviroCentre @Hobsons Bay Libraries”
- China, Shenzhen, Pingshan Library—“Green Efforts of Pingshan Library”
- Slovenia, Ormož, Knjižnica Ormož—“Green Library – Uniting the Local Community on its Road to Sustainability”
Category “Green Library Project
- Spain, Valsaín (Segovia), National Center of Environmental Education (CENEAM) – National Parks – Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge—“RECIDA, The Spanish Network of Green Libraries working for Sustainability”
- US, NY, Saratoga Springs, Southern Adirondack Library System—“Farm-2-Library Program”
All short-listed runner-ups will receive a certificate, signed by ENSULIB Chair and Secretary.
The competition was extremely hard. All short-listed submissions were worthy of being honoured as “winners”, but only two could be selected in the end.
Direct to List of All Nominees
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.