New Crossref Strategy Through 2025 Released
Over the last year or so we have had our heads down addressing how to scale our 20-yr-old system and operation – and adapting to new ways of working. But we’ve also spent time talking to people, forging alliances, looking ahead, and making plans. So we’re happy to now let everyone know exactly what we’ve been up to lately, what we are heading towards in 2025, and what projects and programs are prioritised on our near-term agenda.
- Introducing the new Crossref strategy through 2025, extending the one we published in 2018
- There are now two additional strategic goals, to make six: bolstering our team; living up to POSI
- Good progress has been made in reducing operational and technical debt – a lot of learning too
- We’re unblocking stuff to get more done, including expanding R&D (more on that next week)
- We have a new public roadmap 🎉
- Come to next week’s mid-year update webinar to hear what’s happening and up next.
Direct to Complete Blog Post
Direct to Complete Strategy Document
Filed under: News
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.