From the WebJunction/OCLC:
Five materials that are commonly found in furnishings and exhibits of archives, libraries, and museums were selected for the sixth REALM lab test. Battelle researchers will apply a quantity of infectious COVID-19 virus to each item and then place the items unstacked in a test chamber that maintains standard office temperature and relative humidity, with no additional light or airflow.
The items include:
- Marble (flooring, counters)
- Powder-coated steel (lockers, shelving, book trucks, exhibit elements)
- Laminate (countertops)
- Brass fixtures, railings)
- Glass (windows, display cases)
The test began on October 8, 2020, and results are expected to be released in late-November.
Also New Today
…a variety of toolkit resources to share with staff and stakeholders as you navigate your reopening journey.
These materials include:
- REALM 101 (about COVID-19 and the project)
- A checklist for decision-making
- Visual aids comparing all results thus far