From the OpenTexts.World Website:
OpenTexts.World is an experimental service that provides free access to digitised text collections from around the world. Think of it as a search engine for books.
Every year, libraries worldwide digitise hundreds of thousands of books. Open Texts brings (some of!) those collections together, allowing you to search across a multitude of different libraries worldwide.
What’s on our shelves
8 million items
If you put them all on one very long bookshelf, they’d keep going for over 100 miles!
From Middle German to Tagalog, if someone’s written it down, it’s probably here.
Where our records come from
OpenTexts.World currently searches digitized content from the following libraries:
- HathiTrust (4,425,106 items)
- Internet Archive American Libraries Collection (2,956,349 items)
- DigitalNZ (244,376 items)
- Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford (231,088 items)
- The Wellcome Collection (182,576 items)
- National Library of Scotland (26,971 items)
- National Library of Wales (2,801 items)
- Queen’s University Belfast (186 items)
Direct to OpenTexts.World
See Also: OpenTexts.World on Twitter