Special Note: Along with the Education at a Glance 2020 report OECD has also published The Impact Of Covid-19 On Education Insights From Education at A Glance 2020.
Policy makers work towards a response to the crisis, education statistics will play a pivotal role in informing decisions, both at national and international level. The 2020 edition of our Education at a Glance report provides a comprehensive overview of education systems in OECD member and partner countries, including detailed indicators across all levels of education – with a focus on vocational education in particular. The publication provides a trove of data to consult and pore over, and sheds light on important indicators that not only shape education, but that will be critical to monitor during and after the crisis.
Here are a six of those indicators to keep a particularly close watch on:
1. The share of government spending on education
2. International student mobility
3. Unemployment by educational attainment
4. Instruction time
5. Class size
6. The share of students enrolled in vocational programmes
Direct to Complete Blog Post
- Education at a Glance 2020
Read Online and/or Download Full Text PDF or EPUB.
475 pages; PDF.
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Education: Insights from Education at a Glance
31 pages; PDF.
- Education at a Glance Database
- Lessons for The Impact of COVID-19 on Education: Insights from Education at a Glance
- The OECD coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy Hub