We’re curating a small collection of resources with news, information, and resources about how libraries around the world are dealing with COVID-19. Included on this page is a collection of direct links to operations information for several national libraries.
Last Updated: April 13, 2020 at 2:55 PM EDST
- Belarus’ National Library Displays Message of Solidarity with Italy in COVID-19 Fight (via Belarusian Telegraph Agency (State-Owned))
- Closed Academic Libraries in Canada (Spreadsheet)
- Statement: Canadian Association of Professional Academic Librarians
- “Toronto Public Library Lends 3D Printers to Support COVID-19 Medical Efforts”
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina Launches Initiative to Encourage Self-Isolation Amid Coronavirus Concerns (via Aham Online)
- Libraries Adapt To Life Under Quarantine (via TheMayor.eu)
- Closed Libraries Find New Way to Serve Customers (via YLE)
- Roundup of Library Closings and Other Info (in German) ||| English Translation (via Google Translate)
- UCD (University College Dublin) to Open Library For Students Without Internet Access (via The Irish Times)
- “Close Libraries Now, Plead Library Chiefs as ‘Terrified’ London Staff Walk Out” (via The Guardian)
- Closed Academic Libraries in UK (Spreadsheet)
- Statements From Libraries Connected
We’ve accumulated this list using various sources and is not comprehensive. Links provide updates/additional info direct from the library. Most of the libraries listed below are currently closed to the public.