Libraries and COVID-19: International News Roundup
We’re curating a small collection of resources with news, information, and resources about how libraries around the world are dealing with COVID-19. Included on this page is a collection of direct links to operations information for several national libraries.
Last Updated: April 13, 2020 at 2:55 PM EDST
- Belarus’ National Library Displays Message of Solidarity with Italy in COVID-19 Fight (via Belarusian Telegraph Agency (State-Owned))
- Closed Academic Libraries in Canada (Spreadsheet)
- Statement: Canadian Association of Professional Academic Librarians
- “Toronto Public Library Lends 3D Printers to Support COVID-19 Medical Efforts”
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina Launches Initiative to Encourage Self-Isolation Amid Coronavirus Concerns (via Aham Online)
- Libraries Adapt To Life Under Quarantine (via TheMayor.eu)
- Closed Libraries Find New Way to Serve Customers (via YLE)
- Roundup of Library Closings and Other Info (in German) ||| English Translation (via Google Translate)
- UCD (University College Dublin) to Open Library For Students Without Internet Access (via The Irish Times)
- “Close Libraries Now, Plead Library Chiefs as ‘Terrified’ London Staff Walk Out” (via The Guardian)
- Closed Academic Libraries in UK (Spreadsheet)
- Statements From Libraries Connected
We’ve accumulated this list using various sources and is not comprehensive. Links provide updates/additional info direct from the library. Most of the libraries listed below are currently closed to the public.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.