From the U.S. Census
The U.S. Census Bureau released an update to Census Business Builder (CBB) Version 3.0. The updated version now utilizes the latest Esri technology that improves the user experience and adds new functionality.
- Users can now browse data for every county in the United States at the same time.
- Application of filters are now interactive, helping business owners easily identify areas that meet their business needs.
These updates are designed to increase usability for new and novice data users.
Additional functional updates to CBB include:
- Both the SBE and the RAE now have the ability to download data from the map in a shapefile format, in addition to CSV and Excel format.
- The RAE now has the ability to build a region using an uploaded shapefile. This is in addition to the drawing tools from version 2.6.
- In the RAE, data are now available at the full two- through six-digit North American Industry Classification System basis.
Along with these functional changes, nearly all of the data in CBB are updated to the latest years available. This includes the 2014-2018 American Community Survey 5-year estimates, 2nd quarter 2019 Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2017 County Business Patterns and Nonemployer Statistics, 2018 Quarterly Workforce Indicators, and 2019 Esri Consumer Spending estimates.
Direct to Census Business Builder (CBB)