EveryCRSReport provides direct access to a number of Congressional Research Service (CRS) reports on the impeachment process and impeachment history.
The links below provide direct access to the most current version (in multiple formats) of several reports.
If/when these reports are updated the new version will be available at these urls along with direct access to older versions.
Impeachment and the Constitution
Current Version: November 20, 2019.
Impeachment: An Overview of Constitutional Provisions, Procedure, and Practice
Current Version: December 9, 2010.
House of Representatives
The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives
Current Version: November 14, 2019.
The Role of the House of Representatives in Judicial Impeachment Proceedings: Procedure, Practice, and Data
Current Version: April 4, 2011.
Compendium of Precedents Involving Evidentiary Rulings and Applications of Evidentiary Principles from Selected Impeachment Trials
Current Version: January 29, 1999
The Role of the Senate in Judicial Impeachment Proceedings: Procedure, Practice, and Data
Current Version: March 21, 2011.
Impeachment and Removal
Current Version: Oct. 29, 2015.
Impeachment Grounds: A Collection of Selected Materials
Current Version: Oct. 29, 1998
- Impeachment Grounds: Part I: Pre-Constitutional Convention Materials
- Impeachment Grounds: Part 2: Selected Constitutional Convention Materials
- Impeachment Grounds: Part 3: Hamilton, Wilson and Story
- Impeachment Grounds: Part 4A: Articles of Past Impeachments
- Impeachment Grounds: Part 4B: Articles of Past Impeachments
- Impeachment Grounds: Part 5: Selected Douglas/Nixon Inquiry Materials
- Impeachment Grounds: Part 6: Quotes from Sundry Commentators
Current Version: October 30, 1998 (All Reports).
The Intersection Between the Former Presidents Act and the Impeachment Process
Current Version: January 5, 1998.