From the Report’s Summary:
Between July and September 2019 UNSILO carried out a survey of academic publishers. They were asked questions about their current and expected use of AI, following which they were asked questions about their attitudes to AI. The results of the survey were discussed at two panel sessions at the Frankfurt Book Fair. Each session was chaired by Toby Green, former head of OECD Publishing.
Among the main findings of the survey are:
- Over two-thirds of publishers are using at least one AI tool
- One-third of publishers are building their own AI tools in-house
- 45% of publishers not currently using AI tools plan to introduce them in the coming twelve months
- AI is currently being used primarily to enhance staff efficiency, rather than to create new functionality
- Only 10% of publishers using AI check for bias.
Read the Complete Report, View Charts