Research Tools: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Officially Launches New IP Portal
WIPO has launched its new IP Portal, a one-stop shop to the Organization’s full range of online intellectual property (IP) services. For users of WIPO’s IP services for patents, trademarks and industrial designs, the IP Portal will provide greater consistency in how they interact with WIPO, while maintaining the underlying business processes.
- Unified navigation – Harmonized top navigation on all existing IP services, facilitating movement between services.
- Single sign on – Log in just once using your existing WIPO Account username and password to navigate freely between services.
- Modernized look and feel – Integrated services are implementing a common user interface for a consistent, unified user experience.
- Customized dashboard – New, widget-based dashboard for logged in users, providing an overview of and shortcuts to existing IP services as well as a summary of transactions, portfolios and outstanding actions.
- Streamlined payments – You can view and process your payments in the IP Portal for Hague transactions. PCT and Madrid transactions will follow at a later stage. New payment channels such as PayPal are being introduced, but you can still use your Current Account at WIPO as your primary payment method.
- Single messaging system – Gradual introduction of a centralized messaging system for our IP services. Note: Messages will continue to be sent via email, and will still exist within the business systems too.
See Also: About the WIPO Portal
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.