…the Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union Web Archive [is]comprised of captured website content from Eastern Europe and the territories of the Former Soviet Union.
In recent years, this area of the world has produced a significant volume of websites likely to be of value to contemporary and future humanities, social science, and history projects, and the archive has been established as an attempt to identify, capture, and preserve this material. The thematic and generic scope of the archive is deliberately broad, and includes websites published by political parties, non-governmental organizations and activist groups, artists and cultural collectives, and historians, philosophers, and other intellectuals.
The Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation’s Web Collecting Program is a collaborative collection development effort to build curated, thematic collections of freely available, but at-risk, web content in order to support research.
See Also: More Web Archives from the Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation
- Collaborative Architecture, Urbanism, and Sustainability Web Archive
- Contemporary Composers Web Archive
- Global Webcomics Web Archive
- State Elections Web Archive
- National Statistical Offices and Central Banks Web Archive
- Latin American and Caribbean Contemporary Art Web Archive
- Brazilian Presidential Transition Web Archive
- Queer Japan Web Archive: