New York Public Library Releases Top Checkouts of 2018
Jennifer Egan’s historical novel set in New York City topped the Library’s annual top checkouts list, which includes books and e-books from the Library’s collections. The New York Public Library—which includes 92 locations in The Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island—has about 20 million checkouts per year.
Top 10 Books Systemwide
- Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
- Origin: A Novel by Dan Brown
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Sing, Unburied, Sing: A Novel by Jesmyn Ward
- Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J. D. Vance
- The Underground Railroad: A Novel by Colson Whitehead
- Exit West: A Novel by Mohsin Hamid
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.