From the “New in PMC” Web Page:
Collaboration with publishers and funders to ensure the openness and preservation of the scientific record is one of PMC’s core principles. Open Access Week offers an opportunity to celebrate some of the recent outcomes of these collaborations:
- In July 2018, the PMC corpus of publicly accessible articles hit 5 million articles.
- In May 2018, the PMC Open Access Subset surpassed the 2 million article mark.
- The Author Manuscript Collection now includes more than 500,000 papers for text mining.
- The PMC and Research Funder Policy page underwent an update in September 2018 to increase transparency around funder support in PMC for publishers, authors, and the public.
- Funder policy support in PMC has been extended to the US Department of Homeland Security, in addition to several new US private research funders via the Health Research Alliance.
In FY2018 more than 200 new journals committed to archiving their complete contents in PMC, to be made publicly accessible in 12 months or less.