This new brief introduction to text mining (approx. 1800 words) was written by members of the OpenMinTeD project team.
What is text mining, how does it work and why is it useful? What is text mining, how does it work and why is it useful?
The article is organized into the following sections:
- What Is Text Mining?
- Why Do We Need It?
- What Kind
- Of People Do Text Mining?How Is Text Mining Useful For Science?
- Wait A Minute, Text Mining, Is That How I Get Those Personalised Ads
- What’s The Difference Between Text Mining And Google?
- How Does It Work, This Text And Data Mining?
- What Does OpenMinTeD Do?
- Sounds Like A Lot Of Work, Is It Worth It?
- Are There Text Mining Courses In Universities?
- Can I Do It Myself?
Read the Complete Article
See Also: Other OpenMINTeD Resources Include:
- OpenMINTeD Knowledgebase (Featuring More than 80 Support/Training Resources Re; Text and Data Mining)