News Roundup (November 29, 2017)
1. Now Available: Video Recordings of Presentations From the Smithsonian Digitization Fair 2017 (Playlist)
11 videos (More to Come). The 2017 Digitization Fair took place on October 18-19, 2017. Conference Program.
2. At the British Library: Crowdsourcing Using IIIF and Web Annotations (via BL Digital Scholarship Blog)
3. Chalmers University of Technology Named First FOLIO Beta Partner for EBSCO Information Service
4. Joint Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and W3C Releases Call For Sponsors For Augmented Reality Pilot Project
5. Amazon Web Services Announces Five New Machine Learning Services and the World’s First Deep Learning-Enabled Video Camera for Developers
6. University of Kansas: KU Libraries Announce Software Carpentry Workshop
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.