European Association of Research Libraries (LIBER) Releases 2018-2022 Strategy
The new strategy released today is titled, “Research Libraries Powering Sustainable Knowledge in the Digital Age — into action. ”
From the European Association of Research Libraries (LIBER):
Three Strategic Directions are at the heart of our Strategy, positioning research libraries as Platforms for Innovative Scholarly Communication, Hubs for Digital Skills & Services and Partners in Research Infrastructure. Activities under each direction will provide direct support to LIBER’s network of 400+ libraries.
In 2022, we see the research landscape as one where:
- Open Access is the predominant form of publishing;
- Research Data is Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR);
- Digital Skills underpin a more open and transparent research life cycle;
- Research Infrastructure is participatory, tailored and scaled to the needs of the diverse disciplines;
- Tomorrow’s cultural heritage is built on today’s information
We have set up Working Groups to cover key topics related to our Strategy:
Direct to Full Text Strategy Document
12 pages; PDF
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.