What’s New on Congress.gov This Month? (New Data and Search Options Available)
New Data Collection – Communications to the House
- First public release of Communications to the House. Collection dates from January 6, 2015 (114th Congress) to the present, it includes Requirements records active since August 1, 2016.
- Search the collection from Homepage Main search or Query Builder advanced search tools.
- From Homepage, select House Communications in collection menu and enter “National Drug Control Strategy” to find related items.
- Use Query Builder to find 114th Congress items sent to the House Committee on Ways and Means with the word nurse in the abstract.
- Browse from the Communications to the House link on the homepage
- Filter search results by Congress, Record Type, Communication Type, Committee, and Communications by US State and Territory.
- House committee profile pages include Communications referred to them.
- See Limit Your Search filter on House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee profile.
Enhancement – Nominations Date Search
- Improved search functionality for words in nomination actions or Nominations Action picklist searches on specific dates or date ranges. Example searches:
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.