1. ICYMI: The Aspen Institute Publishes Rising to the Challenge: Re-Envisioning Public Libraries, Version 2.0
2. American Chemical Society (ACS), Royal Society of Chemistry, German Chemical Society Announce ChemRxiv Beta Open for Submissions, Powered by Figshare
Note: The American Chemical Society (ACS) and others announced their intention to launch ChemRxiv one year ago on August 10, 2016. Last week SSRN/Elsevier announced the launch of ChemRN, another repository for chemistry preprints.
3. HighWire Press Launches Origins, A New Journal Publishing Platform
4. Google is Paying Apple Billions Per Year to Remain on the iPhone, Bernstein Says (via CNBC)
4. University of Virginia Library Announces Expansion of Libra Institutional Repository, Hello to LibraOpen
5. Privacy: Amazon Web Services Launches Macie, a Machine Learning Powered Security Service
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.