From the Congress.gov Enhancements Page:
Enhancements – Legislation Advanced Search Improvements
- Legislation Action Date Search
- Date of Action and the Search in Actions/Status Text box now function together to support finding all measures that became law during February 2017 and other date searches.
- Limit action searches by House or Senate
Enhancements – Committee Authority Project (phase 1)
- Committee Authority Project is a multi-phase project to improve access to committee information.
- Committee Names and Codes – Historic committee names added to help researchers identify years when committee names have changed.
- Committee picklists on Legislation, Committee Report, Nomination, and Senate Executive Communication quick forms will be managed by committee authority rules, rather than committee activity data.
- Committee picklists now provide a complete list of committees eligible to interact with legislation and Congressional documents for all congresses since 1973.
- Committee picklists support cross-congress retrieval of items regardless of committee names changes.
Enhancements – Search:
- Presumed AND for global and advanced search
- Legislation search form filters for Actions, Titles, and Summaries
- Nomination search form Date, Actions, Position, and Organization filters
- Treaty Document search form filters for Actions, Titles, Text of Resolution, and Index Terms
- Query Builder – text search box expands to support lengthy searches
Enhancements – Usability:
- Change “Facet” to “Filter”
- Print-friendly page scaling
- Print-friendly Amendment “All Information” pages