1. Open Access: Knowledge Unlatched Announces Expansion into STEM Publishing (Books and Journals) in 2018
2. Highwire Press Names Scott Wilson VP of Global Sales
3. Singapore: Library Consultative Panel Supports Move by National Library Board to Remove Controversial Book Series (via Straits Times)
4. Couperin (French National Academic Consortium) Announces Support For Directory of Open Academic Journals (DOAJ)
5. China’s Largest Online and Ebook Publisher (a Unit of Tencent) Files for Hong Kong IPO, Expected to Raise Around $800 Million
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.