1. Happy 15th Birthday to the Budapest Open Access Initiative (via Peter Suber)
2. Open Access: Virginia Tech Joins OpenAPC
3. British MOOC provider FutureLearn expands to the U.S. (via Inside Higher Ed)
American partner institutions: American University, Colorado State University, Pennsylvania State University, Purdue University, University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
4. New Ways to Watch Facebook Video, New App For Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Other Platforms
5. Europeana: #AllezLiterature Campaign Kicks Off With a Love Transcribathon
6. Yewno Appoints Franny Lee (a Co-Founder of SIPX) as New COO for Education
7. Privacy/Tracking: Ghostery Announces Launch of Version 7
8. Twitter Rolls Back a Change Designed to Counter Abuse After Complaints it Encouraged Abuse (via The Verge)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.