Roundup of New Reference, Research, and Data Reports Available on Open Web
All of the reports linked below are available to access, download, use for free.
1. Aleppo Humanitarian Situation (via UK House of Commons Library)
5 pages; PDF.
2. Brexit and Data Protection (UK House of Commons Library)
14 pages; PDF
3. Brexit: Impact of Exiting the EU on Higher Education (UK House of Commons Library)
23 pages; PDF.
4. Brexit Reading List: Economic, Business and Transport Policy Issues (UK House of Commons Library)
23 pages; PDF.
5. Brexit Reading List: Impact of Brexit on Policing And Criminal Justice (UK House of Commons Library)
8 pages; PDF.
6. Canadian Population Estimates (Q3 2016) (via Statistics Canada)
7. Cities Welcoming Refugees and Migrants (via UNESCO)
87 pages; PDF.
8. Explaining Extreme Events of 2015 from a Climate Perspective (via AMS)
128 pages; PDF. Other versions of report available here.
9. Iraq Situation Report (December 7-20, 2016) (via ISW)
1 page; PDF.
10. Jihadi Threat: ISIS, Al Qaeda & Beyond (via U.S. Institute for Peace)
48 pages; PDF. ||| HTML Version
11. Religion and Education Around the World (via Pew Research) ||| PDF Version of the Report (142 pages)
Data Sources (by Country) ||| Interactive: Sortable Data Tables
12. Several Species of Birds and Giraffes Added to IUCN Red List of Threatened Species
13. The Virtual Caliphate: ISIS’s Information Warfare (via ISW)
48 pages; PDF
14. World Malaria Report 2016 (World Health Organization)
186 pages; PDF.
15. The Least Developed Countries Report 2016 (UNCTAD)
219 pages; PDF.
America’s Diverse Family Farms (via USDA)
16 pages; PDF.
20 Highest-Paid General Counsels at U.S. Public Companies (via Equilar)
Artificial Intelligence, Automation, and the Economy (via Executive Office of the President/GPO)
55 pages; PDF.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Releases FY 2016 National Do Not Call Registry Data Book
26 pages; PDF.
U.S. Treasury: Office of Financial Research Assesses Key Threats to Financial Stability
Financial Stability Report (124 pages: PDF) ||| Report to Congress (84 pages; PDF)
New Statistics on the Activities of U.S. Multinational Enterprises are Now Available
National Drug Threat Assessment Summary (via DEA)
194 pages; PDF.
Crime Against Persons with Disabilities, 2009–2014 – Statistical Tables (via BJS)
Publicly Funded Forensic Crime Laboratories: Resources and Services, 2014 (SEARCH and the National Center for State Courts via BJS)
Supplemental Tables: Most Serious Commitment Offense and Types of Post-Release Arrest Charges of Prisoners Released in 30 States in 2005 (via BJS)
These tables supplement the estimates in tables 5 and 10 of Recidivism of Prisoners Released in 30 States in 2005: Patterns from 2005 to 2010 (NCJ 244205, April 2014) with more detailed offense categories. The tables examine the 5-year post-release offending patterns of persons released from state prisons in 2005 by most serious commitment offense and types of post-release arrest charges. Data were from BJS’s Recidivism of State Prisoners Released in 2005 data collection.
Arctic Report Card 2016 (11th Annual) Published by NOAA
Highlights ||| All Report Resources ||| PDF Version of Report (106 pages) ||| Archive of Previous Reports
EPA Releases Final Report on Impacts from Hydraulic Fracturing Activities on Drinking Water
Direct to Executive Summary (50 pages; PDF) and the Full Text Report & Background
State of the Climate Report: November 2016 (via NOAA)
Census Bureau Releases 2015 Income and Poverty Estimates for All Counties
Highlights/Links to Data
||| Infographic #1 Change in Median Household Income by County: 2014 to 2015
||| Infographic #2 Change in Median Household Income by County: 2007 to 2015
E-Cigarette Use Among Youth and Young Adults: A Report of the Surgeon General
298 pages; PDF. ||| Executive Summary ||| Fact Sheet ||| New Web Portal
2015 Yearbook of Immigration Statistics Published (via Office of Immigration Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security)
122 pages; PDF.
Just 10 States Resettled More Than Half of Recent Refugees to U.S. (via Pew Research Center)
Williamson County, Tennessee, Leads Large Counties in Over-The-Year Job Gains (June 2015-June 2016) (via BLS)
Assessment of Traffic Safety Culture Related to Driving After Cannabis Use (via Montana Department of Transportation)
80 pages; PDF
See Also: Previous Roundup (24 Reports/Data Files)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.