In an effort to aid policymakers, administrators and other E-rate stakeholders as they shape the future of the program, Funds For Learning [an e-rate consulting firm] releases its E-rate Trends Report.
Based on a survey of 1,016 applicants representing a cross-section that closely matches the overall population of E-rate applicants, the report sheds light on how applicants perceive the program’s utility and effectiveness. Notable findings include:
- 90 percent of respondents expect to add faster internet connections over the next three years.
- 72 percent of respondents said Wi-Fi is critical to fulfilling their organization’s mission.
- 79 percent of respondents said they do not have a backup or secondary internet connection in the event that their primary connection fails.
- 60 percent of respondents reported difficulty navigating the new E-rate Productivity Center (EPC).
- 94 percent of respondents indicated their organization will continue to apply for E-rate funding in the future.