Research Tools: Tax Foundation Launches Congressional Tax Plan Tracker
From The Tax Foundation:
Over the past few years, several members of Congress have issued comprehensive tax reform proposals. To help voters, policymakers, and the media understand and compare these plans, we’ve developed a new interactive tool: The Congressional Tax Plan Tracker.
This interactive chart allows you to easily compare provisions from 5 major congressional tax plans, side-by-side:
- The Tax Reform Act of 2014, introduced by former Congressman Dave Camp (R-MI)
- The Progressive Consumption Tax Act, introduced by Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD)
- The American Business Competitiveness Act, introduced by Congressman Devin Nunes (R-CA)
- The “A Better Way” Tax Reform Blueprint, issued by Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI)
- The “Simplifying America’s Tax System” Plan, issued by Congressman Jim Renacci (R-OH)
These tax plans will likely play a large role in framing the tax policy debate in 2017.
Filed under: News
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.