Reference: Data: Demographic and Economic Profiles of New York’s Electorate From U.S. Census
From the U.S. Census:
In advance of the New York primary on April 19, the U.S. Census Bureau presents a variety of statistics that give an overall profile of the state’s voting-age population and industries. Statistics include:
- Breakdown of voting-age population by race and Hispanic origin (Hispanic origin and race alone) (race alone or in combination).
- Selected economic characteristics, including median household income and poverty.
- Selected social characteristics, including educational attainment.
- County Business Patterns (providing information on employment by specific industries).
- Statistics on voting and registration.
Two Visualizations are Also Available
PDF Version of Electorate Profile
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.