National Archives (U.S.) Releases New Version of Online Catalog
We’re excited to announce some big changes [to the catalog] that will make it easier to use, more interactive, and an even more valuable research tool.
To get started, here’s a preview of the improvements you can expect in this new release:
- Enjoy the updated homepage featuring background images from catalog records
- Add your comments on digitized records, descriptions, and authority records
- Find what you need with a more intuitive advanced search
- Efficiently browse hits with better “Next Page” link placement
- Track your Citizen Archivist contributions with updated user account pages
- Add data from scanned records to your developer toolbox with increased API functionality
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.