Election 2016: U.S. Census Releases Roundup of Demographic and Economic Data About Iowa’s Electorate
From the U.S. Census:
In advance of the Iowa caucuses on Feb. 1, the Census Bureau presents a variety of statistics that give an overall profile of each state’s voting-age population and industries.
· Voting-age population and estimate of eligible voters (i.e., citizens age 18 and older).
· Breakdown of voting-age population by race and Hispanic origin (Hispanic origin and race alone) (race alone or in combination).
· Selected economic characteristics, including median household income and poverty.
· Selected social characteristics, including educational attainment.
· County Business Patterns (providing information on employment by specific industries).
· Statistics on voting and registration.
Note: A PDF version of the graphic is also available.
Filed under: Data Files, News, Roundup
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.