The following briefing (12 pages; PDF) was published by the European Parliament Research Service (EPRS) on November 9, 2015.
European Parliament Research Service
The report includes the following sections:
- Terrorism: the concept and data sources
- Trends in terrorism in 2014
- Regional developments
- Organisational evolution
- Major developments in 2015
- Inter group competition
- Territorial expansion and consolidation
- Evolving strategies and tactics
- EU policy response in 2015
- Main references
Direct to Full Text Briefing Document
See Also: GTD WebGL Globe
The updated GTD WebGL Globe is an interactive geographic visualization, currently in beta, that plots the location and frequency of yearly terrorist attacks worldwide from 1970-2014.