Before the debate at the Kaufman Music Center in New York, 41 percent of the audience voted in favor of the motion and 28 percent voted against, with 31 percent undecided. After the debate, 42 percent favored the motion, and 50 percent disagreed, making the side arguing against the motion “Amazon Is The Reader’s Friend” the winner of this debate.
For the Motion
- Joe Konrathm Author
- Matthew Yglesias, executive editor of Vox.com
Against the Motion
- Franklin Foer is the former editor of The New Republic
- Scott Turow, Author, Former President of The Authors’ Guild
- At the top of the page is the broadcast version of the debate and text transcript. It runs 50 minutes.
- Near the middle of the page is audio and transcript of the “full debate.” It runs 97 minutes.