IFLA’s Acquisitions and Collection Development Section invites you to submit a proposal for its open programme at the 81st IFLA World Library and Information Congress to be held in Cape Town South Africa, 15-21 August 2015.
In its 2015 Open Programme, IFLA’s Section on Acquisitions and Collection Development Section will begin to explore the topic of “Libraries as Publishers” and envisions an expanded version of this topic (including case studies) for its 2016 Satellite Meeting. We are seeking 5-6 thoughtful, high quality papers of 10-15 minutes each, addressing the following types of strategic and overview aspects. The goal is to present this emerging strategic topic in a global setting.
We invite librarians and publishers to submit in the following areas:
- What is library publishing? What types of libraries are publishing?
- Why – what issues are libraries addressing and how are these being solved?
- Relationship of library publishing to collection development activities
- Content – what is being published?
- Business models in use – what types and with what success? How can libraries sustain such efforts financially?
- Artifact models – what new formats/entities/things can be published?
Submission guidelines, deadlines, and additional information can be accessed here.