New Mobile Reference Resource: “Mobile Digest of Education Statistics, 2013”
The following resource was developed for access on mobile web browsers.
From the National Center For Education Statistics (NCES):
This accessible compilation of statistical information covers prekindergarten through graduate school to describe the current American education scene.
The Mobile Digest is designed as an easy mobile reference for materials found in detail in the Digest of Education Statistics, 2013.
Key findings appearing in the Mobile Digest include:
- Fall 2013 enrollment marked a new record for elementary school enrollment, according to projections. Public elementary enrollments are expected to continue increasing, with an overall increase of 5 percent between 2013 and 2023. Secondary enrollment is expected to increase 3 percent between 2013 and 2023.
- Enrollment in 2-year and 4-year colleges rose 37 percent from 15.3 million in fall 2000 to 21.0 million in fall 2010, and then decreased 2 percent to 20.6 million in fall 2012.
- The percentage of 18- and 19-year-olds enrolled in high school or postsecondary education rose from 61 percent in 2000 to 69 percent in 2012. During the same time period, the enrollment rates of 20- and 21-year-olds rose from 44 to 54 percent and the rates for 22- to 24-year-olds rose from 25 to 31 percent.
- After adjustment for inflation, public school teachers’ base salaries were 2 percent lower in 2011–12 than they were in 2003–04.
- Americans are completing more years of education. The percentage of 25- to 29-year-olds who completed high school rose from 87 percent in 2003 to 90 percent in 2013. During the same time period, the percentage of young adults with a bachelor’s or higher degree increased from 28 percent to 34 percent.
Direct to Mobile Digest of Education Statistics
Note: The material found on the mobile web site is also available in this PDF (76 pages).
See Also: Advance Release of Selected 2013 Digest of Education Statistics Tables
Filed under: School Libraries
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.