News Roundup: Items from Biblioboard, ProQuest, EBSCO, Elsevier, and Others
1. Online Education/MOOCs: Udacity and Google Collaborate, Announce Four New Andriod, Cloud, and Web Development Courses
Most courses taught by Google “Developer Advocates” and will cost $150/month.
2. Self-Publishing: Library Journal/Biblioboard SELF-e Launches in Beta at Five Large Public Library Systems
3. ProQuest’s 360 Link Improves Access to Full-text, Now Utilizing Index-Enhanced Direct Linking and Sidebar Helper
4. Say Hello to EBSCO’s New “Discovery Pulse” Blog
5. Elsevier Announces New Reference Module in Biomedical Sciences
6. Privacy: Google Glass Snoopers Can Steal Your Passcode With a Glance (via Wired)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.