Guy Berthiaume Appointed as Librarian and Archivist of Canada
UPDATE (April 18, 2014) Background and Comments from Guy Berthiaume in this Canada.com Article
From Library and Archives Canada:
Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages Shelly Glover today announced the appointment of Guy Berthiaume as Librarian and Archivist of Canada for a term of five years, effective June 23, 2014.
- Dr. Berthiaume has been President and Chief Executive Officer of the Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec since 2009. Before this, he spent thirty years as a senior university administrator.
- He has published a number of articles and has served on the boards and committees of numerous organizations.
- A recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, Dr. Berthiaume holds a doctorate in history from the École pratique des hautes études and the Université de Paris VIII, a Master of Arts degree from the Université Laval in Québec City and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the Université du Québec à Montréal.
- The Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL) Welcomes Guy Berthiaume as Librarian and Archivist of Canada
- Joint Statement from Archives Association of Ontario, Association of Parliamentary Libraries in Canada, Canadian Library Association, Canadian Association of Law Libraries
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.