Today, an app to read full text ebooks and material from Scribd was released for the Kindle Fire.
Demand for a Kindle Fire app has been resounding: more than 100,000 users have come to Scribd since October 1, 2013 seeking an app compatible with their Kindle Fire device.
Scribd now supports all Kindle Fire models, including the Fire HD and Fire HDX. Scribd is not currently compatible with E Ink based Kindle readers like the Kindle Paperwhite and the Kindle DX, as these devices do not allow third party applications.
Kindle Fire app is part of a series of new reader-focused feature updatesfor both Android and iOS apps, including:
- Better, more readable fonts
- More font sizes to choose from
- Better support for managing your location while traveling internationally
- Ability to rate content on a five-star basis inside the mobile app
- A night reading mode featuring a softer black background
- Better tracking of location with real page numbers from the print book
Read the Full Text of Today’s Announcement