eBooks: New iOS and Android Versions of OverDrive Media Console Arriving in Two Weeks
New versions the OverDrive Media Console (version 3.0) for iOS and Android will become available on August 20th via the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
According to OverDrive, OMC 3.0 will, “focus on making the user experience more intuitive.”
What To Expect
- A redesigned user interface with an all-new look, streamlined navigation and a one-stop reorganized menu. App functions are just a swipe and tap away.
- Users will be able to sync bookmarks and reading progress across multiple devices using a free, opt-in registration service called OverDrive One.
- Variable speed playback for iOS. Audiobook users most requested feature.
- First run tutorial screens. The app now prompts first time users to add libraries and get books.
- System Requirements: OMC v3.0 for Android users requires Android OS v4.0 (or newer). OMC for Android v2.6.5 will remain available for download. OMC for iOS requires iOS 6 (or newer).
OverDrive has released a brief intro video offering a look at OMC 3.0.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.