DPLA Welcomes 360,000 Unique Visitors and 1.5 Million API Calls Since It Launched on April 18th
Stats were shared by Dan Cohen, DPLA Executive Director, during a Board of Directors call earlier this week.
Notes From Call:
[Dan] Cohen provided an update on DPLA activity since the site launched on April 18. The DPLA has had over 360,000 unique visitors, 3 million page views, and over 1.5 million API calls. The response to the site has been overwhelmingly positive, he noted.
More News from Meeting Notes
- Time Magazine named the DPLA site a top 50 website of 2013
- “Cohen noted a positive response from the Gates Foundation regarding a potential grant.”
- “Cohen highlighted the DPLA’s need of technical funding in the near-term, as he would like to hire an in-house technical staff to manage the project’s technical development.”
- “Following the launch, Cohen has found many institutions coming to him, allowing the DPLA to expand its slate of partners in due time.”
- DPLA has a meeting scheduled with HathiTrust
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.