HathiTrust: An Author Never Forgets
The Michigan Daily (student newspaper at the U. of Michigan) has published a 2100 word story that looks at many of the copyright issues surrounding the HT Digital Library.
The story includes comments from:
- Paul Courant, Dean of Libraries, University of Michigan
- James Duderstadt, President Emeritus, University of Michigan
- Paul Aiken, Executive Director, Authors Guild
- Jessica Litman, Professor, University of Michigan Law School
- Edward Hasbrouck, Co-chair of the Book Division, National Writer’s Union
- Pamela Samuelson, Berkeley Center for Law and Technology
- Laine Farley, Executive Director, California Digital Library
Direct to Full Text Article:
“HathiTrust: An Author Never Forgets” (via The Michigan Daily)
Filed under: Digital Collections, Interactive Tools, Libraries, News
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.