New Functionality Added to CrossRef Metadata Search
CrossRef Metadata Search is currently one of many projects from CrossRef Labs.
CrossRef hopes to make it a production service as soon as possible.
via a CrossTech Blog Post by Geoffrey Bilder:
- A completely new UI
- Faceted searches
- Copying of search results as formatted citations using CSL
- COinS, so that you can easily import results into Zotero and other document management tools
- An API, so that you can integrate CrossRef Metadata Search into your own applications, plugins, etc.
- Basic OpenSearch support- so that you can integrate CrossRef Metadata Search into your browser’s search bar.
- Searching for a particular CrossRef DOI
- Searching for a particular CrossRef ShortDOI
- Searching for articles in a particular journal via the journal’s ISSN
Direct to CrossRef Metadata Search
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.