What’s New? Apple iOS 6 and OS X (Mountain Lion) Preview Sites Now Online
There is a massive amount of coverage of today’s Apple World Wide Developers Conference keynote presentation online. We’ve rounded several reports below.
One of the highlights of the event was a preview of iOS 6 that’s set for release this Fall.
In the past hour, Apple has released a preview site for you to get a look at some of the major features from the release.
You can access the preview site here.
Top 4 New Features
- Apple Leaves Google Behind, Launches Its Own Mapping Service (with Turn-by-Turn Directions)
- Safari Reading List Available for Offline Access
- FaceTime Available at All Times (Right Now Only Available via Wi-Fi)
- Facebook Integration
A preview of OS X (Mountain Lion) is also available. It’s scheduled for release next month.
- Multiple Stories: WWDC Keynote Roundup (via Engadget)
- Everything Apple Announced Today At WWDC 2012 [Round-Up] (via Cult of Mac)
- Apple announces new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lineup (via BGR)
- Video: Apple updates the Macbook Pro (CNET)
- Key iOS 6 Features (via Business Insider)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.