Official Website of the State of Texas Portal Goes Mobile
From the News Release:
Texas.gov, the official website of the State of Texas, proudly announces the launch of m.texas.gov – a mobile-friendly site that lets Texans access government services anytime, anywhere with any device. Since the launch of Texas.gov in 2010, web analytics indicate that mobile visits are growing steadily. Every day, more than 6,800 visits, or 10% of total visits to Texas.gov, originate from a mobile device.
On m.texas.gov, Texans can:
- Access government services organized by topic: Drive, Pay, and Work
- Find relevant information using the highly-functional Search feature synonymous with Texas.gov
- Complete secure transactions via Texas.gov’s most popular services, including Vehicle Registration Renewal, Driver Records, and Birth Certificates
- Contact Texas government agencies with the tap of a button
- Share information and services via social media
Direct to m.Texas.gov
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.