New Video: “Digital Preservation at the Library of Congress: Past, Present and Future”
This seven minute video was released earlier this month and is featured in a new post by Mike Ashenfelder on The Signal blog.
It highlights, “the digital preservation work of the Library of Congress and its NDIIPP (National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program) and the NDSA (National Digital Stewardship Alliance) partners.
The video includes comments from:
- Tim O’Reilly, Founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- Martha Anderson, Director of NDIIPP Program Management, the Library of Congress
- Dan Gilmor, Director of the Knight Center for Digital Media Entrepreneurship, Arizona State University
- Martin Halbert, Dean of Libraries, University of North Texas
- Kris Carpenter Negulescu, Web Archive Director, Internet Archive
- John Spencer, President and Co-Founder, BMS/Chace
- William Kilbride, Executive Director, Digital Preservation Coalition, Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.